I've had my AR8 about 2 weeks now and over this past weekend really had some time to get some things moving on her. I opted to remove the spoil boards and create a new one that was one piece of 3/4" MDF. I also installed 48 Threaded inserts in the new spoil board. The inserts allow me to create Fixture Bases for necks, Bodies, Fret Dot material, Pickguards, etc. And by using the fixtures and the inserts they are always perfectly square when I am ready to zero things off. I can also leave various materials attached to the fixtures and shelve them until needed. This way I don't have to remove the material off the spoil board - it's on a fixture that I can just pop in and screw down when I'm ready to use it.
Attached are a few of the fixtures I made on the machine this weekend, as well as couple fret boards with DOT inlays, all cut on the AR8 - I really like the AR8 so far.